Home

Saturday, August 1, 2009

8/1/09 Mystery meat Vs. In and Out

Chris and I were supposed to be at a friends wedding today. I am reflecting on how much our lives have changed. I overheard Caitlin telling her friend Olivia "My dad moved his leg today" and they both jumped for joy.  I am feeling melancholy tonight. I know I should be happy for all things things we will be doing, not all the things we were supposed to be doing.

Don (FIL) and Tim (BIL) went to visit Chris this morning before any of his therapy began. The girls and I stayed home and it felt great. We have trying to keep busy, almost too busy, going here and there. Caitlin and Regan enjoyed staying in their PJ's until noon, building a fort with the couch cushions. I was able to catch up on some long over due house cleaning and laundry. It was nice to just be home.

Don and Tim returned home energized after seeing Chris. They said he was in great spirits and talked about the therapy he had the day before. For now, all the therapy is done in his room. He was able to get himself into a wheel chair. He said it was painful and took a long time but he did it. The goal is to get Chris to the workout room in the hospital by next Thursday. When he tries to sit up, his blood pressure drops and he gets light headed. So the goal his to get him able to sit up, then he can do more extensive therapy.

Chris also had one request for the day.......In and Out for dinner! The menu choices for dinner were mystery meat or mystery meat. I think his is already over it. So Caitlin, Regan and I brought him some fries and a double double. The whole wing of his floor smelled like In and Out. I think next time I might have to bring some for the other patients too!

While we were visiting Chris told me about his vivid dreams the night before. He said he was standing and he remembers thinking please don't let this be a dream. Then he woke up. He said it was so clear, so real. He looked me in the eye and said " I am walking out of here", all I could do was nod with tears in my eyes. The girls asked what was wrong and I blamed it on allergies (works every time, I learned that one from Erina).

As always, my love and thanks to all of you,
Christy


3 comments:

  1. I have had "allergies" since you started posting here, Christy.

    Sounds like Mr. Chris is coming back strong with a terrific attitude. With you there next to him, how could he not?!!! (Hang in!)

    Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to read every word. Even just "he moved his toe" is inspiring and is giving us all "allergies"...

    We're all here praying for Chris every day - even people who don't know him, have never met him, and are on the other coast! Much love heading your way... even from strangers.

    -Beth (from NYC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben I love what you wrote about Shannon and praying on facebook. Let's all pray twice as much!

    Love you,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete