Home

Thursday, August 20, 2009

3 Weeks and Counting 8/21/09

I had a frustrating morning of red tape and paperwork today.  Apparently the fraud department of SS thinks it looks suspicious that we have had no income in a year, umm, do they know about the recession we are in and the unemployment stats?

 I decided to go visit Chris in the afternoon. I ask the girls if they would like to come with. Regan decided she would rather go to the beach with Grandma Casey (my mom, has taken over for FIL, aka Don, who has returned home to CT for a few weeks). Caitlin, of course opted to go with me. She still has a hard time leaving me, which I understand completely.

We arrive in record time (gotta love those carpool lanes) and just miss seeing Chris in his therapy session. He apparently showed some movement in the left hip. Again, small victories everyday. Chris said he had his best day ever therapy wise and was so animated in his description of his workout. Once again he was cheering me up, when I should be there to cheer him up.

We read Chris a stack of cards that had arrived and had a blast watching the X games on TV, those guys are crazy! Caitlin loved it.

Tomorrow they are going the mention Chris and his story on Fox channel Soccer report. Chris and his brother are DC United Fans. They will also show a www.chriswillwalk.com banner during the LA Galaxy-DC United game on Saturday on Fox. How exciting!

I am off to bed, going to read the third Twilight book and try to forget about the stack of hospital bills that plague my desk.

My love and gratitude to you all,
Christy

2 comments:

  1. Chris and Christy:

    Congrats Chris on your progress and hard work; stay strong and in good spirits and you will overcome this. Christy, sounds like you had a tough day. That's only normal; you have all been through so much. Just remember you have wonderful family, friends, group of well-wishers, etc. Everything else is second. My thoughts and prayers are with you all daily.

    Jackie Hope Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and Christy,
    Prayers are with you daily for Chris's healing and for your continued strength. Your faith and the support you have around you will see you through.
    God Bless
    Steve

    ReplyDelete