Home

Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/15/09 Holy rummage sale batman!

Okay, feeling a little like Carrie Bradshaw as I sit in my PJ's nightly and type but I like it and am feeling very inspired by the days events.

What a great rummage sale! I owe the biggest thanks to all who organized, Molly, one of the most organized people I know. Ann, the friend I've had the longest whose laugh I could hear across the parking lot kept me smiling. To Meredith and Jami the best bouncers a rummage sale could ever have. And where would I be without Lang's and their huge trailer. I don't know how I could ever thank you all enough. I appreciate the time you gave today and the time it took to organize the days events.......I am so impressed and appreciative.

Thanks to all the guys who took time on their Saturday to be our braun and to help price the sports stuff (Brett, Javier,Brian). A special thanks to Mark, who wins the prize for selling the most avocados, is everyone having guacamole tonight? Brandon, thanks for being part of the clean up crew.

Emily and Christine, thanks for taking such special care with all the clothes and for finding the special items that could be better used for Working Wardrobes. I am happy to know a good home was found for those items that could be used elsewhere.

My Bunco ladies, Kristin, Rose, Lori, thanks for taking the early, early shift and fending off the early, early shoppers. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

Thanks to all the Hawes families, Mrs. E's Preschool families and neighborhood friends who came out to support us today. I really don't know how else to express myself other than to say I appreciate it all and feel so blessed to call you my friends. How lucky can one girl (family) be?

For those of you who live farther away, this was the largest rummage sale I have ever been involved it. It covered the entire parking lot of Caitlin's school. We had sections of items, booths for baked goods, a T shirt sales booth and a check out booth at the entrance. I would guess we had over 35 volunteers working today. The set up started at 5:30 am and the Salvation Army truck came at 3:00 to pick up all that was left over.


Love and Gratitude,
Christy

1 comment:

  1. I saw Chris tonight and he was totally blown away by the turnout today and didn't know how to thank each and every volunteer and their families for the support, the love, the prayers.

    Don (or FIL, as Christy calls me)

    ReplyDelete