Home

Friday, August 14, 2009

8/14/09 HE STANDS!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with Chris. I have not been able to visit him for the last few days because I have a cold and I guess that's a no-no in hospitals. I thought since he is on so many drugs, he can't catch anything from me but I was wrong.

Anyway, Chris said in therapy today he stood! Okay, it was only for a minute but it's a minute more than a month ago (can't believe it's been a month already). Three times today they attached him to a harness and he stood. I was so thrilled and did not think they would have him try this until his left leg woke up. So exciting! He was also able to transition himself from his bed to his wheelchair by himself which is also a big step forward.

Today his therapy started at 10:30 and ended at 3:30 with only a half hour in between sessions. They are really working him now. He is tired but a good, grateful tired he says. Chris also started eating his meals in the dinning hall. There are only a few other patients who are able to leave their rooms to eat but Chris says it is a nice chance to get out of his room.

I am hoping tomorrow I will be well enough to go see Chris after the rummage sale at Hawes Elementary. I am excited to sell, sell, sell. We have been given some great stuff and once again in awe of the generosity of my neighbors, friends and even more from strangers.

Caitlin and Regan seem to doing relatively well. Last night Caitlin said I wish if daddy had to get hurt it would be only a little bit, so he could still be home with us. I told her me too. Regan on the other hand has decided she likes going to visit daddy because it means they get to watch a movie in the car (thanks to Aunt Jenn for the DVD player) this is something they usually only get to do on longer car rides.

Thank you to everyone who came to visit Chris this week. He said emotionally it was a tough week and the visits really help.

I going to bed early and dreaming of Chris not only standing but walking too.

Christy

3 comments:

  1. Christy:

    Chris's progress is amazing. Ben really enjoyed his visit with Chris last Saturday...Hopefully, we can get down with the kids soon....Good luck with the tag sale...I am sure it will be another amazing display of the love your friends and community feel for your family....

    Feel better.....We love you....Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy,
    Great News!
    Praying for you guys every day and God answers! A minute grows into an hour, into a day, a week, a year, a lifetime. Have a Great dream! Can't wait to see how Great the rummage sale goes!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete