Home

Saturday, August 8, 2009

8/8/09 Texas hold'em

I feel bad I haven't written in a few days, this is my therapy so I need to get back to it.

We had our family meeting on Thursday with the head Dr. and the therapists that work with Chris. They seemed please with his progress but won't commit to anything. We asked about the trache coming out and all they would say is "it should come out before he leaves". Well, it came out later that day, so I don't know how much I trust what they say. They also said he would be at St. Jude for six weeks from Thursday. So, who knows, he could be home tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I am happy about the trache coming out but they have as much commitment as David Beckham at this point (like that one Tim?)

Chris' progress continues to amaze me, he can bend and lift his right leg now and seems as if he has more and more function with his hands. We all need to pray and visualize the left leg  moving. It has some catching up to do. Yesterday they put Chris in a wheel chair and told him to go where ever he wanted (on the second floor, that is.......hey baby steps, at least he is getting out of his room). He wheeled himself around the wing and enjoyed the outdoor patio for a bit. Chris said it felt great to have some freedom. When I left him in the afternoon, he was going to play Texas hold'em with two other patients in wheel chairs. They sure do try to make the therapy fun and ever changing.

Thursday night I was so tired I wasn't planning on driving back up to Fullerton. The girls and I finished dinner and Caitlin asks if we are going to see daddy. How can I say no? Don said he would drive. We hit traffic, the battery on the DVD player pooped out and everyone was cranky. I thought, maybe this isn't such a good idea. We finally get there. Caitlin crawls into bed with Chris and falls asleep in his arms. OKAY, ALL WORTH IT. Made my day. (allergies anyone?)

 Chris has really enjoyed all of his visitors, thank you to everyone that has made the trip. I know it helps break up the day for him.

My love and thanks to you all,
Christy

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Christy for the update xoxoxo to the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and Christy . . . it sounds like there is real progress being made! Next thing you know, Chris will be kicking you!! (Just cuz he can!!) ;-))

    Mr. Chris . . . .know that we are in that room with you and WILLING you to astound us all. Keep movin, stud!!

    Oh, Christy, BTW: XOXO XO XO !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the updates! My allergies are really kicking in right now :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lit another candle today for Chris, this time in the Bascillica de Santa Maria in Barcelona.

    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, Christy, sounds like incredible progress!!! So much movement in a matter of days!

    Our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Chris, did you win Texas Hold Em??!! :) Now that is a great fundraiser idea!!! (Dan, are you taking notes?!) I am so happy that you are making such great progress. My mom is visiting me tonight and she prays for you daily too! So, if your ears are ringing, it's because your name is being said in many households during evening prayers! Keep up the great work!
    Love Jim, Monica, Camille, & Amanda Lent

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am taking notes! A fundraising poker tournament is already in the works for Spring 2010! there will be a different fundraising event every month so check the website for updates and spread the word! The next event is the rummage sale on August 15th!

    Chris Will Walk!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete