Home

Thursday, July 30, 2009

7/30/09 He moved!!!!

I don't know what to write about first, there is so much to share.

First last night was amazing at Z Pizza and Yo Yum Yum!!!! It reminded me of the feeling I had at my wedding, so many people I cared about in one place, so much warmth and love. I wanted to stay all night in that happy place. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that came and bombarded these two business all for Chris. Z Pizza said they did 3 times there normal business, that's what I'm talking about! I am so touched by all the familiar and not familiar faces I saw eating and wearing a Sheetz 09 shirts. I already printed out the pictures and showed them to Chris. I'm not gonna lie, it made him cry.

Next, the best news yet...CHRIS MOVED HIS TOE!!!!!!! ever so slightly, but it moved. Of course no Dr. is saying that it means anything but a week ago they couldn't tell me when he would talk again and look at him now, he doesn't shut up. I have all the faith in the world that he WILL walk again and so does Chris. It has only been three weeks, what progress.

Then, today, he was accepted and moved to St Jude's Hospital in Fullerton for rehab. This was a surprise to me and Chris but once they decided they had a bed open for him, they wanted to get him there as soon as possible. They loaded him up in ambulance (once again but not as scary this time) and made the trip to Fullerton. The girls and I followed. This is only the second time they have seen him since the accident and they couldn't wait to talk to him. Last time they saw him he was not talking yet. It was the best to see all three of them having a chat in Chris' new room.

I think you can visit any time but they are aggressive with his workouts and have him doing stuff until about 1:00 tomorrow. I will let you know what is the best time, for now probably late afternoon, early evening.

My love and thanks to you all,

Christy

4 comments:

  1. Christy!

    This is the best news! I am so happy for you, the girls and for Chris.

    Love to all.

    Take care,

    Cousin Terisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy-
    This is Monica (and Jim) Lent from Northern Calif.
    WooHoo! This is amazing news!
    Great job to you for getting him into a rehab center so quickly and extraordinary job to Chris for moving his toe!
    What Fabulous progress! We are so happy to hear about this good news and read your posts.
    I am also so impressed with your strength through all this!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself...if there is any extra time left in each day!
    We pray for you all every night, so I'm glad to see it's working!

    Lots of love and hugs and well wishes
    from Jim, Monica, Camille, & Amanda Lent

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy,
    This brought tears to my eyes, thanks and praise to my heart. I have a picture in my mind and it is beautiful!
    love to all,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete