Home

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7/28/09 Mystery meat and lemondae

Well, another first today. Chris was able to eat some solid food. Oatmeal type stuff for breakfast. Tonight I fed him his mystery meat, mashed potato and washed it down with 3 cups of lemonade. He was very happy to have solid food, just not happy it is hospital solid food.

Thanks for friend Miranda who brought him 4 boxes of root beer popsicles that he has been talking about for the last 3 days. Chris asked me to please bring a cooler with water, sprite and smoothies. My brother Dave walked in with the cooler asked the nurse for some ice and told her she was welcomed to join us for Margarita's. Without skipping a beat she said she couldn't drink while she is on duty.

FIL and I toured St. Jude's in Fullerton this morning. What a beautiful hospital. It looks like they have a great rehab program, beds available and they are willing to take medi cal pending. I talked to Chris about the struggle to get him into Rancho Los Amigo's and he is anxious to get started in some type of re hab. He would like to pursue St. Jude's, so that is what I am going to focus on.

Today Chris ran a fever of 102, so they are doing some x-rays to make sure there are no blood clots. He ran a high fever the first 5 days in the hospital and they were worried about pnumonia (sp?)(I don't know how to use spell check on this, sorry), so I am hoping that is not the case now. The nurses have also been trying to get him to sit up in bed but he becomes dizzy quite quickly and his blood pressure drops. I am sure it will just take some time.

At home life remains very busy, taking Caitlin to VBS this week and many friend who have stepped up and offered playdates for Regan. This has allowed me some free time to fill out the mountains of paperwork I have to prepare for Social Security. What a bunch of red tape! Caitlin is still having issues with me leaving, which makes it hard to get to the hospital as often as I would like to. It is a balancing act, kids, hospital, work and maintaing the home (to some degree). Luckily my mom and brother arrived to help for a few days. As always I have FIL too!

I am off to read some more Twilight and then to sleep.

I encourage everyone here in Huntington Beach to go to Yo Yum Yum and Z Pizza tomorrow for the fundraiser. Tell them it is for chriswillwalk.

Love,
Christy

4 comments:

  1. Christy, You do not know me but I am a fellow Hawes parent. I just wanted to tell you to keep the faith! My 15 year old daughter was struck with cancer last year. Our lives also changed over night. Kylie is still in her battle but remains positive! You can do this and you will make it through!Rely on your family, friends and strangers that offer to help. Hawes/Huntington Beach is a wonderful community. Everyone is quick to step up! I will be droping somethings for the rummage sale and making a donation to help out.

    Keep smiling! In my own words: Walk with your head held high!, this was an unexpected path but you can be strong!

    Never stop loving yourself, your family and your friends.

    Take a break, Take care of yourself,
    Lisa Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,

    Chris is a friend of mine from Wilton HS. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers and thoughts everyday. Chris is so fortunate to have such wonderful support from his friends and family and YOU! I continue to be so impressed with your strength and his. We have never met, but I can tell that you are such a wonderful mother, wife and friend. Stay strong and take one day at a time. As you have seen...you never know what tomorrow will bring. Chris is making INCREDIBLE progress everyday!! Thank you for taking the time and keeping everyone informed of his progress. You all remain in my prayers.

    Love,
    Meredith Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy,
    I stopped into Chris's room (New one) and spoke with him and three collage friends. He's looking for an "In-and Out burger!!! Well, quiet me checked with his nurce and as long as it's "soft" and small it's OK.
    He's sure looking better than when he was in ICU. Really came a L O N G way for the shape he was in! We'll pulling for him!!!

    sign me as "Dale" he'll know who it's from....... ;>)) (old school computer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy,
    I'm a long-lost high school friend of Tim's from Wilton. I never met Chris, but if he's anything like Tim he must be wonderful. As for you, you are, in a word, amazing. Ok, and inspirational and brave and resilient. A brilliant wife and mother.

    I hope it's some comfort knowing that in a little pocket of New York City, there are three of us—my husband Myles, my daughter Asha and myself—rooting for you, Chris, and the girls.
    Best,
    Nandini D'Souza

    ReplyDelete