Home

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Golf Tourney

Where do I begin? Last Monday the 16th was the golf tournament and auction at Seacliff Country Club here in Huntington Beach. What a beautiful day to golf, I think it was about 77 degrees, clear and sunny. I am grateful to everyone who took a day off to play golf. I know vacation days are limited so I appreciate you using one to be with us. I hope you all had a great time. I know Chris did. I don't think I have seen him smile this much since the accident. Chris was able to greet his guests as they arrived to register for the tourney. Once all the players were off, Chris and I jumped into a golf cart and toured around the golf course. Chris drove the cart and had a blast! It was truly exciting to spend time with him on that beautiful course saying hello to so many friends and making some new ones. 

Chris went home to rest for the big evening as the players finished golfing. I spent the rest of the afternoon with my friend Janine.  Thank you to Janine for spending the day "working" with me. I had a blast with you  on the golf course and visiting the Pyramid booth (thanks Sean for that sweet set up!).

Chris, Caitlin, Regan and FIL (aka Grumpa, Don) returned to Seacliff around five for cocktails    (Shirley Temples, of course) and to view the silent auction items. There was really some neat stuff donated. Not enough room here to thank everyone who made donations but I am honestly touched by the multitude of items given and all those that bid on them.

The highlight of the evening had to be the USC band, fight on!  They were so much fun, what a fantastic surprise. The other highlight being Chris standing and giving a speech. I didn't know he was going to do that, made me cry.

All in all it was a successful event and I thank all of you who attended. I hope you had as much fun as we did. My gratitude to Dan, Jeff and Steve who worked so hard behind the scenes to make this event happen. We appreciate everything you have done for us.

The momentum and happiness of Monday carried us through the rest of the week. Chris walks more everyday in therapy and on Thursday they had him climb a few stairs. His vow is to be able to make it up our stairs by Christmas. He wants to be able to tuck his daughters in their own bed and I know they do too! That would be a wonderful gift.

I hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving. I know this year more than any other, I have SO many things to be thankful for.

Love,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment