Home

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9/15/09 Our Chris is home!

Chris has been home since Thursday and we could not be happier. Happier and busier. 

Tim and I picked up Chris last Thursday and we have been on the go ever since. He was welcomed home with a big banner made by the girls with Aunt Jenn and we could not skip the cardinal and gold balloons for USC. The girls came home from school shortly after and I am still not sure who was more excited, Chris, Caitlin, Regan or Napa (our yellow lab). One of our neighbors brought us the most delicious dinner to help us celebrate, thanks Charlotte.

 Chris was pretty tired after that so we got him set up in his hospital bed which for now is in our family room. I was so worried about him falling out of bed that I decided to sleep on the couch in the same room. Regan AND Napa decided they wanted to sleep near daddy too. So maybe not the most restful night but Chris said it was still better than any night in the hospital.

From that day on it has been a blur of visits from friends, family and neighbors. On Monday Chris began his out patient therapy at St. Jude's in Brea. While this is a bit of a drive from Huntington Beach (approx 30- 45 minutes away) this is the best in the area and where Chris wants to be. He will have therapy for about two hours, three times a week. This will keep us all on the go, now that school, Daisy's, soccer, art and gymnastics are all in full swing.

We are happy to have daddy home and cannot thank his buddies, Paul, Randy and DJ for creating and installing the coolest ramps I have ever seen (my SIL calls them sexy!). Our hallway is narrow between the family room and dinning room with the only access to the down stairs bathroom......so they created a draw bridge that Chris can raise and lower when he wants to go into the dinning room or bathroom. It is the coolest thing ever. It feels like everyday is getting easier and am so grateful to my family who have REALLY stepped up to be here for us to help with all aspects of our day to day living.

The paperwork roller coaster continues. We were told by one source that we were denied for medi-cal and told we were approved by another source all in the same day. We are still trying to sort that out. The bills continue to pile up, I have stopped opening them as it is too overwhelming to even grasp the amount they are requesting. It keeps me up at night.

I continue to be encouraged by Chris' physical abilities and I know that in therapy it will all be fine tuned. His goal is to walk on his birthday, one month from now. You know I will keep you all posted.

Love and gratitude,
Christy

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you all!! I will continue to pray for you! I want to say, never in my life have I been so emotionally charged by a family with such faith and determination. I hope someday to get out west to see you all and reunite with my cousin, his wonderful wife and your two beautiful girls. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!!! Welcome home and may you continue to improve. Lots of prayers are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Chris. Thanks for the update Christy, I have been wondering and praying.

    Lots of love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete